Sausage and Pear Salad
This is a gorgeous lunch to enjoy in the sunshine! It's meaty yet fruity and the combination of sausages and pears really works. This dish will definitely keep you going as it's a good mixture of protein, fats and complex carbohydrates.
- Organic sausages (2 per salad)
- 2 Pears
- 1 Packet of mixed salad leaves
- 5 French radishes
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Bell pepper
- 1/4 Cucumber
- Waitrose yoghurt potato salad
- Micro herbs (optional)
- 1tbsp French mustard
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Runny honey
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, prepare a oven tray and place the sausages in the oven.
2. Place the washed salad leaves on the plates and build up the salad from there. Spoon out a maximum of 2tbsp of potato salad per plate. Thinly slice the bell pepper, cucumber, radishes and avocado and place them on the salad.
3. Slice the pears and arrange them however you like. The sausages are generally ready within 20 minutes depending on your oven, once they are cooked place them on the rest of the salad and allow them to cool while you make the salad dressing.
4. In a mug or a bowl place the mustard, olive oil, honey and lime juice. Combine well and add seasoning, adjust to your taste and pour onto the salad.
This is a really quick meal to make and I hope you enjoy it!