Lemony Prawn Risotto
I LOVE RISOTTO's there I said it! But I always struggled finding a recipe that didn't make me feel so guilty for eating it, till I went through one of the BBC Good Food healthy eats books. There I discovered there are ways of creating a risotto without adding huge amounts of fats and still have it tasting wonderful. So, in my merry way I experimented and discovered a unique take on this faithful dish, adding crunch, stay with me. I found that if you roasted Cavolo Nero and sprinkled this on top, it makes this dish heavnily and here I gift you the recipe!
- 1 Packet of King Prawn 220g
- 1 Lemon
- 135g Peas
- 270g Risotto rice
- 122g Cavolo Nero
- 1 Organic, low salt chicken stock cube
- 1Litre of water
- 1 Glass of Cava (optional )
- 1tbsp Soft cheese
- 1tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 Shallots
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 25g Parmesan
1. Pre-heat the oven 180 Celsius
2. Finely chop the shallots and garlic and add to a pan with one tbsp of rapeseed oil.
3. When the shallots and garlic have softened add the rice and stir, let this cook for 2-3 minutes while you make the stock.
4. Add one ladle of stock to the rice mixture and allow it to cook until all the liquid has been absorbed into the rice.
5. Wash the cavolo nero and cut the ends off. Cut the rest into chunks and place in a baking tray. Add one tbsp of soy sauce and tbsp rapeseed oil, combine everything really well and make sure that the cavolo nero is covered in the marinade.
6. Juice one lemon and add the juice to the rice mixture and add one more ladle of stock, while the rice is cooking grate the parmesan and put is aside.
7. If you are adding the cava, now is the prefect time to add it, if not just add another ladle of stock. Also, at this stage add the 1tbsp of soft cheese and stir. Keep adding the stock until the rice is cooked and soft.
8. Place the cavolo nero into the oven for about 10 minutes, do check on them to see how they are crisping up, all ovens are different. Once crisp, they should look like the crunchy seaweed you get at your local Chinese, put it aside.
9. When the rice has softened add the peas, prawns and parmesan. Cook for a further 5-10 minutes, dish up and place the crispy cavolo nero on top.